Seeker2Seeker...

Tyrany is an inside job,freedom from guilt and regret is possible when you become one with your life's mission

Monday, January 10, 2011

Inner Conflict

Well I find myself in the midst of a conundrum. I really want to do something, I know that it may be fun and bring me business, but at what cost? The ethics of the people involved are in question, I try not to judge them but find there is no way around it. At least so far as to decide if I want to do business with them. They look down upon me for wanting to do things the way our state and local government want things done.... meaning proper permits and certificates. I guess it is kind of like drinking and driving, sure you may do it all the time but there is hell to pay when you get caught! So most of us obey the law and don't. I have been belittled for paying a fee to use some one's studio for classes when I could use theirs for free. First off this studio has all it's proper papers, yes I will pay a fee for that, electric, heat, a/c, restrooms, running water, yes I will pay a fee for that, Helping a small struggling business to STAY in business locally 3mi from home so I have a place to work yes I'll pay a fee for that!
Can't believe these other people don't see that they are the parasites.... they want all the city services to be given, but they don't feel they need pay for building permits, certificates of occupancy (needed for ANY business that have customers that come to them) city business licenses. They say it is just another way for the city to take their money. They want to make noise about other businesses that are not good for our industry being too close but when both businesses are in actuality illegal, what can you do? One of them has the right name on the tax ID, but the numbers on street not right and wrong city? How do you justify that? You don't have to until you are caught, they say they will plead ignorance, what happened to  " ignorance of the law is no excuse"? Judging? No! just the facts. They are responsible for their own actions.... as am I.... What to do. I would like to say it is all so easy, it looks like an easy decision, and in fact it should be, here comes the "but", I do not have the money to open, buy or rent space of my own or the time needed to generate enough business to justify the expenditure. I do enjoy the company of the others and we have lots in common and like to do allot of the same things when not at work, and with a few, but big exceptions have close to the same ethics, politics and views on many things.... Except this. Part of me is in fear that I will loose the friendship if I stand firm in my convictions, part of me says "so what"? "Do you need them if they think this is ok"? Well I am human after all. I do have one friend who feels as I do about this and has also offered her home as a place to do classes, and a nice home it is too! I will be doing classes there also. the other "friend" can't see that she is offering me a poison apple, more like doesn't WANT to see. I feel as though they have so much personal work to do and there is the need to BE a friend and offer support and what ever guidance I can to help them in their quest, but I also fear they are not ready to let go of some of the behaviors that contribute to their current situation..... not necessarily ready to DO the work.
I KNOW there is a place after this and I now need to be on the path chosen for this body, in this lifetime, if I do not want more strife and struggle I must stay on my path.... sometimes I think I need a fence so I don't wander!
I am sure for one reader, I am preaching to the choir....
Anyway, just workin to keep the path in sight!

1 comment:

  1. Choir responds with resounding, "You will know what to do when You know what to do."

    ReplyDelete